Skip to main content

and the baby hoody begins

Ugh. so, i started a baby blanket, Hoodie, for my could-someday-be-my-SIL (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/hoodie-baby-blanket). I've got about 5-6" knit, of maybe 30 or so, but i'm having issue with arthritis and hurty muscles when i start knitting. It really ganks up my wrists for work, and i end up having to put things down for a few days. then i don't really pick them back up... alas. Well, the good news is, i've got a few months to make it happen, including one trip to Pennsylvania, which will translate to a good number of empty hours to fill.

And with that, i just got all excited and happy to be going home. It's for a friend's wedding, which is great, and it'll be almost a year since i went home. Last time was October, and we'll be going in early August. I got a new ipod screen player thingy from Woot for $30, and it'll be awesome for watching movies on the plane with the boyfriend, we can watch the same one on a 7" screen instead of both trying to stare at a 2"-something sized ipod screen. I love flying, it is almost a luxury activity for me - i get to sit around and do nothing for a few hours! nap, watch a movie, knit, chat on the lappy (in the terminal at least) and then all of a sudden you're in a different place, and when that's the place you called home for 22 years of your life, that's a martha-stewart sized Good Thing. See my friends, my family, chill out, and just not worry about finding a new job or a house... these are major sources of stress for this little lady that can't be cured with Sailor Jerry and Cotton-ease. Well, at least not on a daily basis.

The last time i flew i made up a little clutch for my sister for her (our... we are twins!) birthday. it was felted and had an image intarsia-d in... well, it didn't go so well. It shrunk a lot more lengthwise than widthwise, and didn't really come out that great... but it was still cute, and i think she appreciated the work that went in to it (she knits too). There was a lady on the plane next to me knitting a baby sweater with intarsia, and probably size 3 or 4 needles... omg the work! but it was a beautiful piece and i envied her skills.

well, i am inspired to pick up my needles and work a few rows. if i do just a little at a time it ought to get finished in time. how many days till my trip? ahhh... far too many, to be sure!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Purty new things

Hey errybody that may still read this. Sorry bout an extreme lack of updates. Over winter i managed to knit two really awesome hats, some scarves, and now that brings me to the summer knitting season. I picked up the Spring/Summer Vogue knitting issue, and fell in love with the first pattern in it- for a really gorgeous beaded shell. I'm not sure if i'll do the beading or the ribbon work, but who knows? I just hope to have it done for the beach, and as this is my first really complicated/wearable item i hope it turns out at least 'pretty good'. So, here a pic of the "finished product" as in the magazine: And here's what i have thus far: The yarn the pattern calls for (and for once the one i used) is Plymouth "Fantasy Naturale" which i got 7 skeins for $33, amazing price thanks Kathy at Kathy's Kreations. I'll keep this updated as i move along, and try to get some pictures of those hats up too!

warm n toasty

I made a sock! word! Dude(s and 'ettes) - it was easy as pie. Getting the 2nd one to match the first has been a wee issue (knit too much ribbing at the top... i don't think i'm going to frog it just because of that).. the 1st one i messed up joining the knittin' to a circle, and had one stitch too many which i had to deal with later and it kind of made a mess, but i so don't care, it looks like a sock which is all it has to do. the pattern was pretty easy too. yay for socks!